Thursday, April 06, 2006

San Francisco Chronicle - Weekend 1



Letters I wrote to friends when I was in SF in Sep05....a chronicle for my old age :)

27 September 2005

Saturday: Woke up JIT for breakfast, headed for town (SF). Walked across all the piers (43 of them I think– at least a 2-3 mile walk)…awesome view. Walked around pier 39 , had crepes for lunch, gazed at the antics of sea-lions (got a pic of 2 of them smooching). At the last pier, there is a WW-2 submarine and a war ship. Took the inside tour of the submarine – very neat (awesome audio commentary and well, ive never seen the insides of a sub, that too a war one).

Then walked into a museum where they had some really antique manually operated musical instruments which you could 'play' for 50 cents – great fun again.

Walked to fisherman's warf – got my name painted Chinese style (flowers and all – does ne of u want it?), walked over to the park that has an awesome view of the bay, was enquiring abt some trips to canary row and napa valley when the agent offered me both the trips free – the only catch, I need to be a US citizen: -( So now I'm looking for single US citizens who can get me 2 trips worth 150 dollars free. Sigh. Wish me luck,

Sunday – just lazed around. Was too tired : -)

Back to hectivity now.

No comments: